3.0 for review and comment

Hi all, Great work with HSDS 3.0 I am excited to implement! I couldn’t find a link to the workgroup meeting today so I have typed up my feedback instead.

Hunger Free America has a very similar use case to Ian from Digital grasps (Our Model for Place-based DoS - #5 by Ian-DigitalGaps) where we have just too much data for our small team to stay on top of it all. To manage all of the data we partner with organizations like food banks that have smaller local lists of services that they maintain. Hunger Free America aggregates the data, cleans it, and assures it before publishing. These different data sources have varying levels of data accuracy and we would like to capture whether the data came from the service itself or from a partner organization. Additionally, our assurers are a mixture of volunteers and Hunger Free America staff so we don’t necessarily want to publish the assurer’s email address. My suggestion would be to create separate tables for assurer and data source so that we can better capture the nuance of who did what and when.

Some fields that I would like to see captured that currently are not:

Data_Source:

• Email
  • Type (the service itself / 3rd party data source)

Assurer:

• Name
  • Type (Volunteer/Staff)

Best,
Atticus Rains
Hunger Free America
arains@hungerfreeamerica.org

1 Like