What is an "Event", really? We need community stories and participation in understanding what constitutes events, schedules, etc. in HSDS

I’ve been chewing on these questions as well in relation to an event calendar project meant to complement our services directory. Thinking conceptually and at a basic level, an event occurs whereas a service reoccurs. Taking Skyler’s 1-6 examples, example 5 could be a church’s free meals service, whereas example 6 is a spaghetti night event. Events are more granular than services, even if you can sometimes break down services into discrete events (free Friday meals–> spaghetti night, burger night, pizza night). If you want to express those granular details, you have an event, if you want to express reoccurrence you have a program.

I don’t know how exactly to map this, but when I try to express that granularity, the best option in my mind is a discrete date. Inherent to an event is a date (or date range), whereas a service may occur on certain days but the date of occurrence is ancillary.