Hello From Chris Storey at DWP

Hi Everyone!

I’m Chris from the Department of Work and Pensions, I’m a Tech Lead and Architect working in the space of “Getting people back working”. I’m particularly interested in seeing if by utilising wider directories it could help bring more opportunities to people to support them back into work. e.g. Social Prescribing of activities that may help bring people closer to the labour market; or accessing services that may help them learn new skills or overcome barriers.

Very early days, but knowing you are all here to help is great!

Chris

2 Likes

Do let us know how your work goes Chris and ask here if you have any questions.

You might want to take a look at some of the data feeds referenced in the Dashboard to see if they include the type of services relevant to making people more prepared for work.

Hi Chris,
The Government Data Standards Authority within the Cabinet Office’s Central Digital and Data Office is looking to endorse ORUK as the standard for these public service directories.

We’ve already prepared guidance for implementation and are just waiting for it to go before the Open Standards Board for approval likely in Q1 2022 now.

The use case you describe is definitely worth a look and am keen to have a chat with you on that.
We’re also aligning this work to the wider government agenda on supporting vulnerable people and that’s where this use case may also have a role to play.

Can be reached via: emanuel.silva@digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk

Regards,
Em

1 Like