Thread for following up on Standing Technical Meetups.
Standing Technical Meetup - 2023-10-10T23:00:00Z
Below you can find a summary of the discussion points and actions arising:
- There was an appreciation for the opportunity to learn more about Sklers work on Silobuster
- The mix of of knowledge amongst those at the summit was discussed.
- Kate highlighted that those newer to the standard seemed to encountering issues and grappling with the questions already faced by experienced members of the community.
- Arrange a dedication Silobuster session (perhaps a presentation and Q&A) on this at a future technical meetup.
- Consider how best to cater to newbies and old hands at future summits.
- Consider whether we are adequately documenting and/or communicating the knowledge and experience of the technical community in way that could prevent those new to the standard from unnecessarily covering the same ground.
Survey of the technical community
- It was agreed that it would be a good idea to build on previous work [mapping tooling requirements]( build on previous work undertaken to map out what Open Referral Tools - Google Sheets) by engaging with the wider technical community to understand what tools they would most benefit from.
- Devin to lead on pulling together a survey.
- The group agreed on the need for Validation tooling sooner rather than later and went on discuss
different approaches; service vs downloadable tool vs integratable library the use of YML and licensing. It was agree that when a spec is finalised, we should put out a request for proposals to the broader community.
- Greg to will post in the forum asking for more input on Mike’s validator proposal in order to encourage further input with an emphasis on user stories.
- Start drafting a plan re the validator by the next meeting - plan to share at the next meeting
- We discussed the potential for code lists, mapping taxonomies. Gregg mentioned that AIRS are undertaking a landscape analysis.
- Greg to share the work AIRS are doing.
- Mike bought attention to the forum thread on the work TPX Impact are doing
- Gave an overview of the key aims of the project which is to review the business case and develop a strategy for mass uptake (should the business case support this).
- Updated on the fortnightly show and tells Sign-up for those here
- Greg recommended as a member of an advisory board. Greg could help steer UK/Global alignment.This could potentially lead to funding for validator but not in the near term.
Update on FHIR work -
- Greg gave a quick update on the FHIR work which aims to bring HSDS into the healthcare space. SeeForum Post / Blog Post.
- A further request for feedback on the proposed updates to documentation was request **
Github Project board:
- Dan gave an overview of the proposed Technical Tasks and Priorities**
- Generally well received. Greg requested a switch to three status’ - Backlog, Up-next, In-progress.
- Dan to consider feedback and give further thought to the use of Github to manage non-technical tasks (which the only thing preventing adoption)
Skyler - 211 Profile:
- Looking to go live within the next 2 weeks
- Explained the issue the phone table issue he is facing We need a normalized
urltable in the pattern of the
- Dan to setup call between to Skyler, Matt and potentially David to discuss.
- Mike to ask Dom in the meantime.
Skyler’s other Forum Posts:
Reminder to the group re forum post from Skyler:
- Challenges with the
scheduletable for organizations in the USA -
- How do you indicate the main or primary phone number for a resource?
- Highlighted A few clarifications forum post. Mike informed he had has responded.
Hi folks – I’ve been traveling for weeks and only just now getting back into gear, so I’m a bit late on preparation for tomorrow’s standing technical meeting. We have notes here, with potential agenda items carried forward from last time that i’m also pasting below.
Prospective agenda items:
- Silobuster session
- Community Survey (Tooling Requirements/Dev Stacks)
- Documentation Review
- Github Project Board
I suspect @skyleryoung might need some more time to prep a SiloBuster session, and we’d probably want to put in some effort to promote it – so maybe that’s not a topic for tomorrow (other than perhaps planning for it)?
I haven’t received more input on the Validator so maybe we can consider ways to elicit such input, including the survey that @devin proposed?
And eager to review the slate of documentation changes.
What else should we address? Let us know!
I’ve added the following:
211 Profile update inc schedule table issues